Sunday, January 23, 2011

Orchard

I’ve been going to the same church since Day One, and I used to be so in love with the mural on the wall of the nursery. The scene enchanted me: a girl swinging in a giant apple tree and her little farmer brother holding a bucket like Jack. I drooled at the sight of the fat-limbed tree, wanting to climb it. I wondered what genius came up with this piece.

A couple of weeks ago, I pulled Blondie into the nursery for a photo shoot. It’s weird to see the juxtaposition of the marriage mate and the childhood mural. He's just sitting there next to something I stared at for hours when I was little. It’s so crazy to think that I had no prediction of Blondie back then. When I think back, it seems like he was there.


January 9, 2011



How do these things exist in the same universe?

I had a little love–
now I’m back for more.

1 comment:

  1. This is so great! Stop making me wait! Spice Girls!

    Hey. I miss our nightly song. Wasn't that so good?

    ReplyDelete