Friday, March 4, 2011

Keep Trying

"I don't care about anything
Dou demo ii tte kao shinagara
Zutto zutto inotteita
Naimono nedari
Chotto ya sotto de manzoku dekinai
Dakara
Keep trying."


Today, maybe I’ll sink your boat.

I need to hang my dirty laundry outside.

What is it I hate, and how can I get rid of it?

I hate the feeling I have had–an arid one. I feel dry because I’m doing stuff I don’t love all day–small talk, monetary transactions. So, I should process all this through writing. Write in the blog more. Writing is my joy and power. Write about the everyday bull, so you stay in contact with yourself (clear thoughts, power) even in the midst of it.

I don’t know. It’s hard! I am so resistant to small talk! Oooo, I hate it!

Well, I feel as though honesty is still there, even in mediocre conversations. And maybe honesty shouldn't be measured so scrutinizingly.

May 17, 2010.

"I don’t care about anything
Putting on a face like, whatever
I was praying the whole time
Asking for too much
I can’t be satisfied easily or gently
That’s why I
Keep Trying."

1 comment:

  1. When I was waiting to be seated at an improv show last winter my host said "Hey how are you feeling?!" which felt genuine. Then he asked me what I had done so far that day and I said I had dropped my friend of at the airport. He said, "oh that sounds sad." and I was seated, and it felt significant.

    ReplyDelete