Sunday, March 25, 2012

Midnight Arrival

Last Sunday night, Blondie and I waited for Dough at the Richmond International Airport with more excitement than – well, you can’t compare it to anything. The earth was tiny compared to this love. There was nothing there except what is really there.

We sat in a bench facing her gate. It’s hard to say how long. I was straight-backed the whole time–a light year away from nonchalance. People started coming through the gate. I spotted her red duffel and tan skin–straight from AZ. I stood up quickly, paused and ran till I got to her, and we hugged and shouted in elation.

Blondie, Dough and I walked by the waiting area, arms on each others’ shoulders, and Dough yelled, “We’re best friends, and we get to see each other again!” We stomped out of the airport and drove home–the three of us perfectly united. Everything was magical–from the moths at the front stoop to the Cadbury eggs on the living room carpet.

Maybe we can't be this excited all the time. But I think it would be great to be this focused and to treat everything like it matters this much.

Dough and Court later in the visit. 3.22.12

"I never really cared until I met you and
Now it chills me to the bone"

1 comment:

  1. AHHHH WHY CAN'T I GO BACK IN TIME ONE WEEK!?
    And you quoted "Alone"--AHHHHH I MISS YOU.

    ReplyDelete