Sunday, May 13, 2012

Block in Space

Aiko, Sans, and I spent a couple days together this week, taking advantage one last time of our proximity–a two and a half hour drive. Aiko gave me a bunch of stuff she couldn’t take with her when she moves–stuff that could leak. I am especially happy about the body wash that smells like my freshman dorm. We had a graduation party for Aiko in a pub that reminds us of Oxford. We visited the university gardens, and as we walked in the heat to the Japanese tea house, I dragged pieces of chocolate from the bottom of my Ben and Jerry's shake. We drove by the iconic chapel, and I wanted to see more of the campus.

Even when the three of us felt out of it, our love was the predominant thing, obviously there, like a big block on the floor that was visible peripherally no matter where we turned. I described it, not very effectively, later in the week, “It’s like a block in space. It's like something solid that takes up space.”

Sans, Aiko, Sleek, and me. 5.17.08 "The shape of happiness overlaps in our pictures. It now became one big love. Let’s live together forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment